DATE: March 16, 2021
TO: Agencies Serving the EOHU Population
FROM: Dr. Paul Roumeliotis, Medical Officer of Health – EOHU
RE: COVID-19 Vaccine
Dear Valued Partners:
I am contacting you to provide you with information about COVID-19 vaccination rollout plans in the Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU) area. We kindly ask that you help us link your clients who are eligible to be vaccinated with the following information and resources related to the COVID-19 vaccines.
- On March 15th, Ontario’s vaccine booking system launched and began to accept vaccine bookings for individuals who will be turning 80 or older in 2021 (born in 1941 or earlier).
- Booking is available at Ontario.ca/bookvaccine. Individuals who require assistance with booking can call the Provincial Vaccine Information Line at 1-888-999-6488.
- Please help your clients learn about scheduling a COVID-19 vaccine appointment and preparing for the appointment, including what to bring.
- Vaccine clinics are available across the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas, and Glengarry; the United Counties of Prescott-Russell; and the City of Cornwall. Locations will be confirmed upon booking an appointment.
- Alternate arrangements will be made for individuals who notify us of barriers preventing them from physically going to a clinic.
Information about vaccine rollout (Population groups):
Phase One of the EOHU vaccine rollout plan is well underway. Information regarding the EOHU vaccine rollout plan can be found on our website at www.EOHU.ca/vaccines.
- All long-term care residents have received their two doses of the vaccine and residents of retirement homes have all received their first dose.
- Staff and essential caregivers of long-term care and retirement homes, and health care workers of the highest, very high and high priority levels are currently being administered their first dose.
Vaccine supply continues to impact both the local and provincial vaccine rollout. As a result, we continue to adjust our local plans to align with Ministry-identified priority populations. However, we are pleased that access to COVID-19 vaccines is increasing and we are committed to vaccinating our community as quickly as possible.
Resources related to the COVID-19 Vaccines:
The following is a list of important resources you and your clients may find helpful: